Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz28xW4Tdg8

October 10, 2012

Our Family Grows-Welcome Kennedi!

                                                   




 Kennedi Grace Edwards
July 25th, 2012 
5lbs. 9 oz. 181/2 inches 




Mckinlie came 4-weeks early on her own, and I guess Kennedi didn't want to be shown up by her sister. 
When I was about 35-weeks pregnant, I had a random flair-up of pancreatitis. I hadn't had issues since December so it was totally out-of-the-blue. My OB was worried that it may happen again before I delivered, so he came to visit me while I was hospitalized and asked me to come in as soon as I was released and talk to him about a possible induction. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about that. 
When I went into his office, I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. We talked about the pros and cons & set a date for that next Wednesday with the possibility that she may even come before then on her own. That was on a Friday. For the following 6 days, we were on edge for sure. I had never got into labor on my own, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The day before my induction was the 24th of July and we almost didn't go to Heber like we do every year. We decided to brave it and get out one last time as a family of 3.



The next morning, we took pictures of us & our only child one last time. It was bittersweet for sure. 



















Aunt Jill & Cousin Sydni came to stay with Mckinlie and off we went! We got to the hospital at about 8am & were put straight into the room. I wanted to have an enjoyable birth experience like I had with M, so I got my epidural right away. My Dr showed up & checked me and I had progressed to 5 CM since he had seen me last. I for sure wouldn't have made it to my due-date. He broke my water at about 9:30 am. The epidural made me sleepy and so I napped while Trevor worked on his laptop. They kept checking me and I was progressing SO slow. It was around 11:30 and I decided to send Trevor home to give Jill the carseat so that they could leave. Right as he was getting up to go, they came in to check me and I was at a 10 and ready to push! Good thing he hadn't left yet. They set-up and my OB started coaching me through pushing. (I LOVED him. He really was my favorite Dr that I've had so far. If anyone needs an OB I highly recommend Dr Stephen Dinger in the Granger Medical Riverton Clinic. He's gotta be close to 70 so by the time I have my next baby he'll likely be retired). I pushed for only 14 minutes & our little baby was here!



She was just like her sister in that she didn't really cry, just looked around. They were worried that she had swallowed something so they let us see her for a minute and took her to the nursery for the first hour. Trevor left to get Mckinlie and I was wheeled to my recovery room. Another mom in the hall was shocked that I had just literally had a baby and couldn't believe it because I was so "put together". I literally could have a million babies because my labor & deliveries are so ridiculously relaxing, easy & a fun experience. I have loved both times and looked forward to it. Hopefully I don't jinx myself by saying that. 

Welcome Kennedi Grace! We are so glad that you have joined our family & you are the most perfect addition. It's hard to believe that we are now the parents of two beautiful girls.






No comments:

Post a Comment