So Kinlie-Rae-Rae was born on a Thursday. We got out of the hospital Saturday morning & went to her shower and ran errands. I was feeling great! That lasted until Monday when I started having extreme chest/stomach pains. I just pushed through it for most of the day and dealt with it. Mckinlie had to go back to the hospital daily to get her Bili levels checked, so I took her to the hospital and was pulling out when I realized that the pain was more severe than I could handle & it could be pretty serious stuff. I went down the street, pulled over into a parking lot and called my dr. They told me to go into the emergency room right away when I said chest pain. I panicked, having to go into the emergency room with severe chest pain (I literally thought that I might die. I didn't know if it was a heart-attack or what) and a 5-day-old baby was not my idea of fun or easy. I called Trevor at work 30-40 min away. He called his sister, Stephanie who lives in Lehi (10-15 min away from American Fork hospital) and she loaded up her poor kids and left for the hospital right away. I was rushed into a room and they started an iv and took me in for some tests. Meanwhile while I was in severe pain, they probed me for where they could find the debit card in my bag for a $200.00 co-pay. OUCH! Meanwhile Stephanie, my angel that day came and watched Mckinlie in the room while I was taken away for scans. They had to push dye into my IV and realized that it wasn't in the right way, and had to put ANOTHER IV in my opposite arm.
After all the results came back, they couldn't figure out what it was and sent me home. Trevor got there just as we were packing up and helped me take baby home. The pain continued all that night but if they couldn't help me at the hospital, I figured I'd just have to live through it.
The next day Trevor went to work & my mom came to stay with me & help me with baby. The pain was sooo bad that I couldn't get up and I was gripping onto my bed and shaking it so that I wouldn't scream because I was trying to be tough. My mom was so freaked out because whatever I had was getting worse, so we decided to take me into the doctor. We got an appointment for a few hours away and I tried to take a nap. I woke up screaming & she had to call the doctor and demand an appointment RIGHT THEN! We loaded up the kid and put the address in the GPS since I was new to the Lindon area. It was literally 2 minutes away from my house and I was SO grateful for that TENDER MERCY!! The doctor couldn't figure it out and sent me home with pain meds (they don't sit well with me) and anti-nausea meds. I started getting delirious at that point and threw up all the meds I had (TMI, I know)
That night I laid in bed screaming of how I wanted to die and be done with the pain & Trevor was at his breaking point. He took me to the ER again & said that I had to stay and they had to treat me SOMEHOW that time. Another $200 copay and the same tests again, determined that I had SEVER PANCREATITIS.
I was admitted to the hospital and stayed from Tuesday to Thursday. During that time, I was taken off of all food and water and was pumped full of water and morphine. I was off of all foods for a week & I lost ALL my baby weight and then some. Poor Mckinlie was passed around to family members, since it was hard for her to stay in the hospital with me.
Luckily we had great family that brought her by the hospital everyday to visit me & who helped with grocery shopping and house up-keep.
Long story short we had a rough start at being a family, but here we are now & we are loving it! Things have been so disorganized and crazy, but I hope to blog often so we can keep record of Mckinlie's life and good memories!
November 25th 2015
9 years ago
I think I'd demand a refund of at least one of the copays for them missing it the first time! That's insane!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're better though.