Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz28xW4Tdg8

March 17, 2011

Mckinlie Rae Edwards

Born on March 10th, 2o11 at 12:04 (just after midnight)
Weighed 5.6 lbs 18 inches long

Birth story & Mom's thoughts:

We just moved to Lindon and had barely gotten settled and the house put together, when I started having what I thought were contractions. I called my dr in Park City (Larreine Sabella) and left messages for the nurses to see what to look for and what to do. Well a night passed and my message was never returned. I was really annoyed and frustrated that they wouldn't call me back with something as serious as contractions at 35 weeks. The next morning I was fed up and decided to call and get a new doctor in Lindon. The receptionist was asking me for my history and I told her about the symptoms that I was feeling the night before. She put me on hold and when she came back, her instructions were to go to labor & delivery right away. I've had a few scares and have rushed in there for things before, only to be sent home. I really thought that nothing was going to happen, and I was super busy that day. I decided to hop in the shower, call Trevor to come from work in Heber, and head to American Fork hospital. We got there and into a room around 11:30am.
Right when we got there, they put me in a room and did a cervical check. The nurses eyes got really wide and she said, " Honey, you're dialted to a 5 and your bag of waters is bulging. You're having a baby today." Well, that made me super nervous and came at me from left-field. Good thing I decided to take the hospital bags just in case. They started me on an IV and got an ultrasound of baby to make sure that she was ok. Besides being a little small, she looked like a healthy little girl. They moved us to the delivery room and we played the waiting game. I got an epidural right away and didn't feel any labor pains whatsoever while at the hospital. The biggest pains I felt were from the epidural and the IV. We enjoyed the view from our room of the Timpanogos Temple and finally around 11:20 I was ready to push. The epidural made my legs feel super heavy and weird, but I could feel the pressure from the contractions and knew exactly when I needed to push. She came very quick and easy, and by 12:04 we had a little girl!
Since she was early, they were nervous about how she would do, so they showed her to me and took her over to the corner to look at her. Daddy went and followed and took pictures to show me. She was healthy and happy so they brought her over to me and she immediately grabbed onto my finger.
They moved us over into the room we would stay in, and we all had some bonding time. We got released just in time on Saturday morning for her baby shower and Mckinlie got to make an appearance!
Our little girl started smiling right away and is such a content and quiet baby. Her daddy is so good with her. I swear he has natural instincts. He knows just what to do and doesn't hesitate to do it. He is very helpful and we are very lucky to have him.Whenever I make a comment about her being grumpy or I tease her a little, he jumps to her defense pretty quick. I don't think she will ever do wrong in his eyes. We love her lots and lots and look forward to having fun times with her.



Dad's Thoughts:
March 9, 2011 I woke up and went to work. The night before Dee had been having pretty intense pains during the night but when we woke up they were pretty much gone. So as usual I went to work and the texts came in about finding a new doctor in Utah Valley. Then a text came in saying that I might have to run home cause the doctor wanted her to come in after hearing what Dee was feeling. At about 10:30 Dee called me saying the doctor wanted her to come in for sure and she shouldn't drive alone. I rushed home picked her up and all our hospital bags, just in case....Well when we got to the hospital they checked Dee out and she was 5cm dilated and they admitted her until she was going to have baby.

We were put up in a room and Dee was put on an IV and we basically just played the waiting game. When it came to the epidural Dee was a little nervous and I definitely could not watch cause I don't do needles. Dee did great and it didn't phase her at all really. More waiting and then at about 11:25 pm she was 10cm and ready to push. After about 40 mins of pushing baby came out, pink and healthy at 12:04 am on March 10, 2011. We were able to have some time with baby and then she and I went to get her a bath, she was very good and didn't cry much at all.

It has been lots of fun seeing her change so much already, she is just so content and easy. Pretty much every-night we have to wake baby up to feed, she smiles a lot and sleeps a lot. Everytime we tell someone about her schedule, they say how lucky we are that she is so good. Yes we are lucky, she is such a good baby and is so much fun to watch and take care of.

1 comment: