After my pancreas attack back in April, a few days after Mckinlie was born, we were thinking it was done and that attack was a one-time thing. They didn't ever look into the cause of it very deeply, and just figured that it was pregnancy-caused.
Well, it happened again. On May 14th, I woke up and started getting ready to go to work. My stomach was hurting and I recognized that pain immediately. It was the same pain I experienced with my last pancreas attack. I pushed through it and left the house to get to the Williams's house on-time. I went through my day and spent the day talking with Holly, and taking care of Haidon and Mckinlie. Looking back and remembering how bad the pain was, I can't believe that I pushed through the entire day and took care of a newborn and a toddler.
By 3pm, when I was done with work, I knew it was time to go to the hospital. When pancreatitis gets bad enough, the only way to fix it, is to be hospitalized and medicate through an IV.
Trevor came home, picked Kinlie and I up and off to American Fork Hospital we went.
We've been there so many times in the past few months, it's like our second-home.
After being in the emergency room for a few hours getting the test results (and after another $200 co-pay) we were put up in our room and settled in. Last time, Trevor worked and family watched baby while I was in the hospital. We decided to make things simple and less hectic this time, and Trevor and baby girl roomed with me. We got a double-room and Trevor had a hospital bed to sleep in. We also brought all of baby's stuff and her pack-n-play.
During my few days stay, we meal-planned, couponed, Trevor studied, we visited with family, and rented movies.
They still aren't sure what exactly is causing my attacks, but it could be my galbladder and we are seeing a specialist to get that checked-out. Tests also showed that I have cysts on one of my ovaries. We need to have that checked for cancer in a few weeks. I've heard that a lot of women have these, but I won't feel ok about it until we are sure that it is not cancerous.
My mom has these, and constantly has to be on birth control to control it.There's also a chance that they will have to remove them, which decreases our chances to have more children. I'm a worrier and honestly, all of these things are stressing me out.
I know that everything happens for a reason and that no matter what happens, we will be happy and enjoy our lives together.
No comments:
Post a Comment