Luckily this princess let us prepare and entertained herself.
I made these cute bags that the kids get to open every hour. They didn't come until later at night, so we started the bags and activities at 9:00 so that they had time to play and run around first.
9:00 PM : They opened a craft. I bought them cute little aprons that I stamped their names on and they colored with fabric markers.
10:00 PM: The bag had all sorts of things to decorate mini cupcakes. I included candy, sprinkles, chocolate goldfish, etc. I put all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and let them take turns stirring it. Bella wanted to make sure that the turns were very fair and equal. Mckinlie didn't want Bella to have a turn. Oh boy...hopefully Mckinlie learns that she will soon have to share..
While they decorated, I helped them fill out their "Year in Review". I interviewed them and asked them questions about what their "favorites" were this year. They also told me what they did this year, and what they want to do next year. It'll be fun to save it and read it at the end of 2013 and see how different they are.
11:00 PM: They had a movie treat bag, next. After I realized how much sugar they had eaten, I eliminated everything but the ring pops and they had that with cupcakes and watched a movie AND had a dance party.
Midnight: They wrote down their wish for the New Year and we intended to send them off on balloons. When I went to buy the balloons, their apparently was a helium shortage. So....we wrote them down on paper and kept them.
It was a fun night. Bella loved on Kennedi and helped with her a lot. It was nice having an extra set of hands, haha. Mckinlie had to copy Bella and take care of her own baby.
We are pretty excited for 2013 & what it'll bring for our family. There's some good stuff in store for us!


No comments:
Post a Comment