Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz28xW4Tdg8

October 6, 2013

Mckinlie: 2 1/2

Our wild child is 2 1/2 (actually she's just over that). She is getting SO big. In less than a year, she will be starting preschool. Kenna & I are pretty sad about that. I'm not sure what we will do without our buddy. Kennedi will be totally lost. 


Mckinlie is too smart for her age. She will say & remember things that even Ive forgotten. She amazes us everyday. She just recently memorized the alphabet and sings it a million times a day. She also loves to sing primary songs and nursery rhymes. She loves for us to sing with her and always says, " um.. How bout child of God". How could we say no? She is all about learning and taking everything in right now. She is a champ at saying prayers and it's adorable. She's a good example to her sister & has kennedi saying prayers now, too. She folds her arms for a few seconds, then throws them open and shouts, "amen" ! 
Mckinlie is really loving to talk about Jesus & God lately. She also loves to drive past the temple and let me know that God lives there and " it's so God in there. ".

She also is super sassy. Who knew that it started this early. I've been told too many times that I'm mean and that " she's sad at me". While lecturing her, she often says, " don't look at me... Don't say that to me... Be nice!" Etc etc. I've read 1-2-3 Magic and we've started implenting it. Good thing she's adorable! 


Mckinlie can also be very loving. She is sensitive to how people feel. She is always asking me if I'm happy and is very affectionate. She makes sure to share treats with her sister and always wants things to be equal. 

Lately she's regressed a bit & is obsessive over binkies. She's been off them for awhile but she will find her sister's and hide so that she can suck on it for awhile. I just had to put the binkies up because she keeps sneaking them. Stinker. 



She LOVES to have her hair cut. She talks about it all the time. Her hair grows so fast now & we have to trim it often. Everytime we are in the District she begs to go there. We take her to Cookie Cutters and she knows exactly where it is. 


We love this girl & her spunkiness. She's giving us a run for our money & we wouldn't have it any other way. We're excited for your 3rd year, Mckinlie Rae! Or as you say it, " Mckinlie Wae Ebwards" ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment