






On June 19th, 2010 I married my best friend. It was the easiest and best decision I've ever made. The most important part of the months of planning, and the crazy stressful days leading up to that one special moment, was that although the festivities would technically only last 1 day, our happiness and marriage would last for eternity. I wouldn't have it any other way and am very glad that it wasn't just, "until death do you part."
Here are a few details of the day:
(I do this mainly for myself so that I can remember every part of our special day)
Trevor and I drove down to Ephraim the evening before, and spent a fun night with our friends Mckenna and Jeff Lister. We went to this cute store inside this home and got snow creamies. They were the strangest things, but so so good. Then we went to the Manti Pageant. That was my first time ever. It was awesome to be able to be on the temple grounds, the night before we were going to be sealed in it! It's sad to admit, but I really just stared at that beautiful temple the entire time. Considering mine and Kenna's ADD, we lasted awhile during that pageant, but finally we just couldn't sit still and we left halfway through. I remember us going back to the apartment and I think I actually decided to color my hair the night before my wedding at midnight. Crazy, I know. We ended up going to bed super late and Trevor and I spent our before-wedding-night on Kenna and Jeff's couches. Don't worry, we slept on different couches and kept our distance. Risky, I know.
Morning-of the wedding:
I,being the spontaneous weird one, got up for some reason and went to Walmart to get flip-flops. I honestly don't remember why. Then I got kinda nervous so I drove around town for a little while. I got back and Kenna and I ran to the Salon next to her house to have my makeup done. That lady was a little to...hollywood for me or something. She did some crazy makeup that I would have never done, but whatever. We thought we had some extra time for bridals before the ceremony, so I put my dress on and we were off to the temple. We got there and finally after all those months, that moment was there.
I felt like we had a lot of waiting, but finally, they released us out of our waiting rooms and I got to meet up with Trevor. We walked into a room full of our family and friends. Walking up that spiral staircase was strangely beautiful and that's one of my most favorite moments. I sadly don't remember everything that the sealer said, but it was wonderful....and FINALLY we were sealed.
That evening we had a family dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was wonderful but it all flew by.
Trevor and I spent the first night in the Little America in SL, the next night in our new apartment, and then we were off to California. During our week there, we relaxed, played at the beach, explored the town, saw some movies and went swimming. It was so awesome to have that week to spend with my best friend and I wouldn't change a thing!
I'm so excited with what's to come with Trevor and what our eternity brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment