
I was looking through my my old school notebooks & I came across this list that I had to make:
10 things I'm looking for in a man
-a best friend
-positive attitude
-strong testimony
-organized
-bright future
-reliability
-good-looking person
-a great provider
-patient
-caring personality
I wrote this years ago when I didn't know Tee. He is all of these & more. I couldn't ask for a better best friend. I can be hard to handle. I'm disorganized, and get these crazy ideas. I couldn't ask for a more caring, and loving person.Everything worked out so perfectly. It was definately a blessing from Heavenly Father. Let me tell you the story:
I worked as a nanny in Salt Lake for a cute little girl & I lived with my parents in West Jordan. Every night my friend Karen and I, would go for walks and talk about the men that we were going to meet someday. I had hardly dated, so I felt like nothing would happen for me for a long time. I wasn't really into dating either, because I kinda liked doing my own thing. The family that I worked for, decided to move to Midway for some strange reason. I commuted from West Jordan to Midway every day and it was not fun. It was usually an hour long drive back and forth and I'd have to leave around 5 or 6 in the morning. I had NO life. I did this for 6 months and it started getting old. We mutually decided that we couldn't keep doing this forever and they started trying to find a new nanny. The day I found the resumes for my replacement, I cried for 6 hours straight. I prayed to Heavenly Father to either help me find new opportunities or make this nanny job work-out. A few days later, the mom asked me to meet her for dinner, and she told me that they had emotional stress trying to replace me. She offered for me to live with them, and gave me a whole basement apartment basically. I prayed and prayed and didn't feel like I really got a clear answer. I decided no, and as I was about to tell her that, I got this strong impression to accept her offer. I was so confused. I had never lived away from my family, didn't want to start a new ward, and had NO future that I could build in Midway. BOY WAS I WRONG. I pushed forward, knowing this is what was meant for me. I went my first day to the singles ward, and as Sunday School was starting, a boy came up to me, and handed me a flier for FHE. For some reason as soon as I looked up at him, I knew this is why I had been sent there. I've never felt the Spirit stronger. I had incentive to keep going to church and to activities, and little by little I broke the shy boy. On Thursday nights, I attended Seminary. Up here, it consists of 1 class with like 5 people in it. I shared a story one night about going to the temple to know what kind of a person I wanted to date. I came across a scripture that talked about seeking a wise man. I think it was advice for sure. Class went on and Brother Clark interrupted class suddenly. He said," I'm sorry, but I have to do this. Trevor, you need to take Deidre on a date in the next 2 weeks." I went red and didn't want to look up the whole class-time. Brother Clark pulled me aside and told me that he didn't know me well, but the Spirit had been bothering him & he and his wife had impressions that Trevor and I were supposed to date. We looked up Trevor's name and in a different language, it means wise. I was meant to find that scripture for sure. I sought a wise man and found him! We started dating in October of 2009 & we were engaged in February 2010.
I've never been happier & I'm so excited to spend eternity with such an amazing man.
I love you Trevor! :)
Oh my goodness! That is probably one of THE BEST stories i've ever heard. So sweet and so amazing how God really does have a plan for us! Thanks for sharing this. I actually really needed to hear it. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicole! I know He has a plan for us and I have proof of that. It's hard, but we have to learn to be patient. I don't knoe exactly what you need to hear, since I don't know you that well. But I feel like I need to tell you a part of this story that I didn't add.
ReplyDeleteSo when I moved, I wasn't where I needed to be emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I wasn't being as faithful as I should be, and I needed time to develop myself. I went on a jog one night, after I moved there. I was interested in Trevor but nothing was happening with it. I heard this song on my phone called "Find Yourself" by Brad Paisley. I realized that I needed to know who I was and work on myself before I could advance in life. I started improving myself and everything fell into place for me.
I'm not saying you need to work on yourself, because I don't know you very well. I'm just saying that God knows when things need to happen for you and when it's right. Embrace who you are and make yourself the best you can be in every way and that way you'll be ready when Heavenly Father throws something new at you! :) Hope my stories have helped you. I wasn't going to post these for awhile, but I felt a push to do it tonight. :)
Love you Dee and I'm so grateful to be a small part in how you have developed! You've grown so much in the last year... on your own, and through force, but you have handled everything that gets thrown at you well. I'm grateful to have you in my life and know that we can depend on each other. I love that you and Tee have found each other and it's given me hope to know that mine is out there too. I've always known that, but there is a lightness to the air that I know that I must not worry and that if I am truly my self...(not shy around boys) that he will find me through me! I'm so glad you have remembered so much of this amazing story of you too!
ReplyDeleteLet the adventure continue!!!
ah oh deidre.. okay i know you have told me the story in person! but it was like hearing it again for the first time!! ha ha oh i'm just so so so happy for you woman!!! i love you!!! love kenna!
ReplyDeletexo.
Such a great story of meeting each other! And someday your 8 kids ;) will love it too! Congrats!
ReplyDelete