Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz28xW4Tdg8

January 18, 2011

#1 Dad









Main Point: Trevor K Edwards is the best dad ever. Signed by: Mckinlie.

I am probably a little biased, but seeing Tee interact with Mckinlie is the best. They already have a good relationship and I love it! He reads stories to her before bed,(sounds weird, but you're supposed to read to them before they are born...I want a genius child) and talks to her all the time. Not saying I don't want to do those things as often too, but I don't always think about it. Me and her are together all the time and sometimes I forget she is there! Still love her though. He likes to feel for her moving and thinks it's fun, although sometimes he will say it creeps him out a little. She even gets really excited when he comes home or when she hears his voice. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but I've consistently tracked these behaviors and I'm convinced that is what it is. I just know that he is going to be her favorite, which is totally ok. According to the doctor that did her 3D ultrasound, she looks like her Dad anyways, so it fits.
The other day I was thinking as I watched the trashy MTV shows. I'll admit I love Teen Mom even though I know it's not the best show ever. The families in these shows are usually less than loving, and usually not very functional. This makes me very grateful for the eternal marriage that I have with Trevor and the good relationship that we have (even though my pregnancy hormones are a little crazy sometimes...at least I hope they are only during pregnancy..) I am grateful to know that Mckinlie will have a great dad that loves her and that even though I think he can be tough sometimes, she will be well-disciplined and be raised on the right track. I think everyone deserves the blessing of being a parent in a loving family at some point in their lives!

29-week update:

-Passed the glucose and blood tests. WAHHOO! I was surprised I lived through the needle part.

-Gained 16 pounds so far. Yikes! But I guess that's healthy.

-Was told by 3 people at this appointment alone that my child was very active. Happens at every appointment.

-Saw baby moving her mouth and rubbing her face on the ultrasound. Has happened more than once. I think she got the chatting habit from Trevor ;)

-It was estimated that she will be a 9-pound baby. Let's hope for my sake, she is a smaller, but healthy baby. I carried a 10-lb sack of potatoes at the store, and not quite sure I can carry her around for long if she weighs that much. I'm starting arm workouts today.

-I start going to the dr every 2-weeks for the month of February and every week starting in March.

The countdown is down to 70-something days I believe. Can't wait! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww that is so cute. You are totally making me even more baby crazy than I already was...

    ReplyDelete